I have now reached my 1 yr anniversary for my pulmonary valve replacement that I had back in 2010 and am still doing great. I have gained quite a bit of weight after the surgery but am working really hard on losing it. My husband is finally home from what was a LLOOONNNGGG deployment for us our usual 6 months got turned into 10 months. My 22q11 has been ok. I do have my moments when I am just sad or down and do not understand the things that I should. My husband copes very well with it and tries to push me forward and on. I have had him home since the week before christmas and we have been very busy. We have purchased our first home, celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary along with our first since he was gone, and also went on a cruise to grand cayman islands jamaica, and also mexico, it was a blast. I am just taking things day by day now and trying to find a part time job. I am also thinking about going to school to further my hotel management degree.
My parents are coming to visit for the weekend and have not seen my house since we have moved from base housing. We should have a great weekend even though derek has to work sunday night booo!!! that is the joys of being in the military, you are never off and always working even when it hsould be time with the family.
He loves his job and I love and support him.
Since I have written I have became involved with a heart group called mended little hearts and LOVE it.
I hope that everyone has a safe and happy memorial day weekend and remember what memorial day is all about and please thank a soldier!!
No comments:
Post a Comment