Saturday, we went to my first mardi gras parade with our friends Matt, Mich, and little cheyanne. We had a blast and got tons of beads. It was more fun that going to new orleans. Also on Saturday evening, we added a new addition to our family. We added a Himalayan kitty we adopted. I have wanted one for quite sometime, found her on craigs list, and new she was meant for me to have and love.
We got sassy home. She is 5 years old and grey and silver, and has the cutest little smashed in face i have ever seen. She is VERY fluffy, even fluffier than Olivia. Olivia is adjusting to her and Simba well, lets just say Simba will accept just about anything that is supposed to come into the house.
I have a very strong love for animals, and have a great husband who tries to support my animal habbit. Animals to me are like children. Each have a different personality, but wants nothing but love. Sassy is totally different from Olivia, and once they start liking each other it will be very interesting.
Tomorrow is Valentines day, it will be our first one we have spent together. We have been together for 4 years this year and every year Derek has been in another country. He however sadly leaves this week for a 10 month deployment and it is going to be a sad time for me, but I do however get to go over to where he is going and visit him :).
Well, this is all for now. I will update tomorrow on Valentines day and what we do. It is hard to believe that it has almost been a month since my heart surgery. I am glad to be back in Gulfport, but miss my family back home in atlanta as well who got snow yesterday :(. I do have mardi gras pictures that I will post later.
He won't let you have birds or fish but lets you get a big fluffy cat??!! lol we will have to come see her :)
ReplyDelete