Saturday night we met up with my brother and his fiance and took my dad out to dinner to outback. I had steak and some kind of stuffed shrimp and it was really good. My brother and Stacy have not yet set a wedding date this will be both of theirs second marriage , but I really like her and her little boy Brandon.
Today (Sunday) nothing really happened. My dad and brother went to the nascar race today. My mom was going to go but my brother decided to go the last minute. Derek woke me up early and we talked most of the morning and afternoon.
Later on in the afternoon I went to eat with one of my older cousins that was my maid of honor in my wedding at a place called PF Chang's an upscale Chinese restaurant. I love chinese food in case you could not tell lol.
Derek seemed to be doing good. Not much going on with him lately. He has ordered a new mac laptop and is waiting for it to arrive and should be there this week. We are trying to plan a vacation for next summer since he will be back home during the summer. We are also watching plane tickets for my flight over to spain to visit him for 2 weeks this summer and I cannot wait. I have never been anywhere out of the country except the Bahamas and st. marten.
I have an appointment with my cardiologist wednesday to check up on things since the surgery and maybe I will be told I can finally drive even though I do not like too.
Yesterday i also went to a fabric store and got some really cute fabric and cant wait to see how what i am making turns out.
One thing that I have already learned from this deployment is that your marriage is really tested when your loved one goes over seas and makes you appreciate the times that you have spent together and look forward to the times you will have when they come home.
I have a lot going on this month and will be back and forth from home to gulfport. I am especially excited to get back here the 27th to meet my favorite tv guy, dog the bounty hunter. It turns out that his father was a navy seabee also.
There will be more tomorrow since it is monday and I am going into work with my mom to have lunch with some of our friends.
It has been nice being home for awhile and seems like time flies by , but i miss my friends in gulfport and also my cute little house that I love. I also miss Derek but that is a given there. His birthday is coming up the first of april and also our 1 yr wedding a nniversary. I have also connected with another nmcb 7 wife whom i hope to meet at the next frg :)
more tomorrow until then take care and love your seabee :)
We really miss you. Bring your butt home soon. I hope you appointment goes awesomely!!! We almost went to Frosting the other day but I told Gus we had to wait for you!! :P
ReplyDelete